Wednesday 30 October 2013

There's been a couple of set backs...

My two-pronged plan of getting in shape and saving a shit-load of money took a couple of hits last week; one to each prong.

I caught a cold, a minor one but a cold nonetheless. I haven't been for a run in the last 10 days so I'm worried that I've missed some good training for the Movember run a week Sunday. I was about to go for a treadmill session last night but I couldn't find my running headphones and the thought of listening to Pure Gym's hellish playlist put me right off. I did a half-hearted back and biceps session in the hoose instead. I'll have to do 10K tonight, then on Friday and finally Sunday morning on Glasgow Green as my final practice.


I couldn't find my headphones because I put them in a pocket I don't normally use thanks to me trying out the pair I got with my new phone. Which leads me to the hit my savings took.


My phone, a Galaxy SIII, had a big crack in the screen. It worked fine but it didn't look great so I investigated getting it repaired. The option were pay £60 to get it done in a shop, or pay £11 to buy the parts myself. 


I chose the latter and carefully came in about my phone with a hair-dryer and blade. Before long there was an expensive sounding crunch and small explosion of glass-shards as I reconfigured a delicate piece of technology into a coaster. It's not even a coaster in fact because bits of fucking glass keeps falling off it.


My savings took a hit to the tune of £299.95 but I rationalised it by looking at the amount of use I get from the phone and it will be extremely useful to have one in foreign countries.


Lesson learned: aggressively saving money is fine but don't let it make you think you're fucking Inspector Gadget.

No comments:

Post a Comment