Thursday 9 January 2014

A year in review

I mentioned briefly that I had to learn a guitar tune before the end of last year but I didn't get round to it. I had a go but didn't even master one chord (d). 

I'm going to stick at it but I'm prepared to accept that I'm shit at music. Six months. If I can't play a tune that encourages woman to remove their clothes by then, I'll pack it in.

Other than that I had a decent run last year, I did almost all the things I set out to, including;

Giving blood
Growing a beard
Climbing a Munro 
Visit mainland europe alone
Stopped smoking
Passed some industry exams
Ran a 10K
Got slimmer
Spent a month off the drink
Got a promotion and pay rise
Went on a random adventure with an Australian girl
Moved to a better flat
Saw some amazing artists (The Boss, Arcade Fire, Edward Sharpe)
Saw some amazing art in London and Milan

I didn't manage to;

Get a tattoo
Save a shit load of money
Learn to touch type

Writing that list reminded me of what an amazing year it's been, possibly the best ever. I started 2013 miserable after a good relationship went bad but I ended it feeling better than I can ever remember feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment